Audax Private Debt
Audax Private Debt has raised over $16 billion from institutional investors globally. We are based in New York City and have over 35 investment professionals. Our managing directors average 24 years of investing in private credit, and 15 years at Audax.
Audax Private Debt provides senior, stretch senior, unitranche, junior capital, and mezzanine loans to private equity-owned middle market companies. We invest in a variety of industries and seek companies with the following characteristics:
- Established and sustainable value proposition
- Leading and defensible market position
- Revenue and cash flow stability
- Proven and experienced management teams
- Strong equity sponsorship
We offer financing solutions with the following target investment sizes:
- Unitranche: Up to $250 million (via Audax Unitranche platform)
- Senior Debt: Up to $75 million (via Audax Senior Debt platform)
- Mezzanine: Up to $125 million (via Audax Mezzanine platform)
Audax Private Debt seeks to add value to portfolio companies in many ways beyond the initial financing. Following a transaction, we maintain an ongoing dialogue with ownership and management and can support add-on acquisitions with incremental financing. In addition, Audax Private Debt takes a collaborative, solutions-seeking approach when faced with a downturn in a portfolio company’s financial results.
View the Audax Private Debt portfolio.
Audax Private Debt invests in a variety of different transaction types, including:
- Leveraged and management buyouts: We partner with leading equity sponsors and management teams to capitalize leveraged buyout or management buyout investment opportunities.
- Acquisition financings: We partner with leading middle market companies pursuing strategic acquisitions.
- Recapitalization and refinancings: We invest in middle market businesses that are effecting a recapitalization or are refinancing existing debt.