Audax Senior Debt
We invest primarily in first lien senior secured term loans and selectively in second lien, mezzanine, and unitranche / stretch senior loans of private equity-owned middle market companies. We invest in a variety of industries and seek companies with the following characteristics:
- Established and sustainable value proposition
- Leading and defensible market position
- Revenue and cash flow stability
- Proven and experienced management teams
- Strong equity sponsorship
We partner with other lenders and private equity sponsors and can invest up to $75 million as part of a total financing solution.
As part of Audax Private Debt, we offer other financing solutions with the following target investment sizes:
- Unitranche: Up to $200 million (via Audax Unitranche platform)
- Mezzanine: Up to $100 million (via Audax Mezzanine platform)
We seek to add value to portfolio companies in many ways beyond the initial financing. Following a transaction, we maintain an ongoing dialogue with ownership and management and can support add-on acquisitions with incremental financing. In addition, we take a collaborative, solutions-seeking approach when faced with a downturn in a portfolio company’s financial results.
We invest in a variety of different transaction types, including:
- Leveraged and management buyouts: We partner with other lenders and private equity sponsors to capitalize leveraged buyout or management buyout investment opportunities.
- Acquisition financings: We partner with leading middle market companies pursuing strategic acquisitions.
- Recapitalization and refinancings: We invest in middle market businesses that are effecting a recapitalization or are refinancing existing debt.